(a) All Sports
1. Learners accept that they are under the supervision, control, and care of the Instructor/coach during the session.
2. In case the behavior of the learner is unsatisfactory or the session is being disrupted, the Instructor/coach has the right to remove the student from the class.
3. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult who must stay in the venue during the lesson.
4. No food or drink other than water in a sports bottle may be consumed at the venue or in the changing areas.
5. In sports venues - running, shouting, interfering with other players, fighting, throwing items, are considered disorderly behavior, the user/ participant/ guardian involved will be asked to vacate the premises instantly.
6. Parents are asked to stay outside sports venues for coaches to be able to do the jobs you have employed their services for.
7. New students could have parents within the venue (especially for small kids), for a maximum of 2 initial days/sessions.
8. Outdoor shoes must not be worn beyond the changing rooms or pool deck.
9. All users must adhere to the rules of the facility and follow any instructions written or verbal form FITSO staff.
10. All users must wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the sport they have enrolled for.
11. Jewelry including earrings should not be worn during swimming or playing any sport.
12. Management reserves the right to decline or cancel bookings, particularly if the guidelines above are not followed.
1. Swimmers should not eat for at least 1 hour prior to swimming.
2. As a general rule of thumb, do not enter the pool area prior to your lesson start time.
3. Whilst you are waiting for your class, please keep poolside noise down to a minimum so that the sessions can take place in a calm and peaceful atmosphere.
4. Only enter the pool (water) once your instructor has invited you to do so.
5. Listen to what your instructor tells you, if you don’t understand, please ask.
6. The following actions (including but not limited to) are seen as disorderly behavior: running, diving, jumping, ducking, fighting, bombing, shouting and throwing items, etc.
7. If you are warned and the behavior persists you will be asked to leave.
8. Swimming goggles, including those with ophthalmic prescription lenses, may be worn at the wearer's own risk in the pool.
9. To avoid injury, wearing of spectacles in the water by a swimmer during a session is not recommended, care of spectacles is the responsibility of the owner.
10. No jewelry should be worn during swimming lessons.
11. Appropriate swimwear should be worn at all times in the swimming pool and communal changing areas.
12. Please ensure that users with long hair have them tied up and wear a swimming cap.
(c) Swimming Dress Code & Hygiene
1. All swimmers must shower and go to the toilet before they enter the water as this helps to keep the pool clean .
2. Do not take any food or drink items into the changing rooms.
3. Shoes must not be worn in changing areas and pool hallway, all shoes are to be left by the entrance doorway.
4. All learners/patrons should wear appropriate fitting costumes/trunks, swimming cap, and shorts specifically designed for swimming. Baggy costume/trunks can hamper movement.
5. Religious or medical bracelets are allowed but should not distract the swimmer from their lesson.
6. All learners should shower before their lesson.
7. Encourage children to use the toilet before the lesson commences.
(d) Safety at Pool
1. In the event of any emergency, all learners/patrons will follow the pool's Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and follow the instructions given by the Lifeguard / Coach in Charge.
2. All members should vacate the pool on hearing one long blast of the whistle blown by the Lifeguard / Coach in Charge.
3. All swimmers and spectators will immediately stop what they are doing and wait quietly for further instructions.
4. Should it be necessary to clear the pool, when the instruction is given (sound of 3 long whistles), all swimmers will move to the sides of the pool, leave the water and stand back from the side.
5. Should it be necessary to evacuate the building - no attempt should be made to recover possessions from the changing rooms or anywhere else within the building.