Usain Bolt consumed 1,000 Chicken Mcnuggets whilst in Beijing for the Olympics in 10 days. That means that Bolt ate about 59,000 calories, 3,000 grams of protein, and 4,000 grams of fat during the tournament.
As an athlete, you need a lot of protein, and chicken is a great source, granted. That said, anything deep fried is – unsurprisingly – not the ideal way to meet your body’s protein requirements.
But that was young 22 yr old Bolt. He started valuing diet as his career progressed. Bolt followed a strict diet in 2016.
Calories Intake of Bolt
- Roughly calorie intake: 5,500 calories per day
- Around 60% of daily calorie intake comes from lean sources of protein
- Carbohydrate consumption provides 30% of their calories
- The remaining 10% comes from fat
He drinks Gatorade – the long-term sponsor of Bolt.
Bolt’s Diet Plan
- Breakfast: Egg Sandwich + Natural yoghurt with berries, cinnamon, and chia seeds.
This is a solid start to the day – a combination of protein and carbohydrates. The yoghurt is an extra source of protein, cinnamon and berries are full of antioxidants, and the seeds aid recovery by providing omega 3 fatty acids.
- Lunch: Pasta with chicken breast or corned beef + Salad with plenty of coloured vegetables, and a salad dressing containing olive oil.
- Dinner: Jamaican dumplings with vegetables
- Snacks: Fruits – mango, pineapple, and apples