Christina Aguilera is an American singer, songwriter, and television personality. She was born in New York and raised in Rochester and Pennsylvania. Aguilera has been recognized as a pop icon and earned the title “Princess of Pop” in her early years.
It is a real struggle to lose extra pounds from the body and it is utterly easy to gain pounds. Christina Aguilera had succeeded in doing so. She came out with a slimmer and sexier body on her 35th birthday and surprised everyone with her tremendous weight loss.
She lost 46 pounds through alteration in her diet and working with a personal chef. She also hired a personal trainer and followed his instructions with full dedication.
Her lifestyle at the time when she was working on losing weight included low carbohydrate diet, heavy protein diet, yoga workouts and combined cardio workouts with weight lifting. Yoga promotes weight loss by reducing stress, building lean muscles and suppressing appetite.
Her Workout Plan
- Before she starts the real workout, she likes to warm her body enough by hitting the treadmill and walking for 10-20 minutes.
- Make use of weights in your daily routine. The upper part of our body needs to be toned and flexible; therefore it is important to include weight lifting in your workout.
- She does abs exercises every session without fail. She does up to 350-500 reps of sit-ups and other exercises like push-ups and lunges that focus on abs.
- Christina believes that one should get addicted to workout. This helps your body remember to workout at least 5 times a day.
Her Diet Plan
- As per her profession, she needs a lot of energy for on stage and off stage performances. She sternly follows 1800 calorie diet where the 6 day a week diet consists of proteins, vegetables and whole grain.
- Christina loves junk food like French fries, chicken wings, nachos and cookies like Oreo. She has agreed that she has these foods before stage performances because singing and dancing easily burn off 2000 to 4000 calories in one go. The moral of the story is that never deprive yourself from the food you like to eat because it may affect your metabolism badly.
- Her secret is cutting all kinds of white diet from her meals and that includes white rice, flours and sugars.
Aguilera is not a workout fanatic, but she appreciates its effects on her health and energy. She revealed that regular exercise made her more confident. “I exercise because it makes me feel good,” she said. Christina serves as a role model to not only to her fellow workers in the music industry but also people like you and me. So, go ahead and try her workout.