Summer is here and it’s hotter than ever. With temperatures going upwards of 45°C, all we need is a day off to cool down and gather our senses back. What better way to cool down than a refreshing swim in the beautiful pools of Mumbai with fantastically well maintained facilities and highly trained professional trainers. And if you’re lucky enough, maybe a few pretty girls too. Lets check out some swimming pool in Mumbai.
In attempts to cool down this hot season, here are 15 awesome swimming pool in Mumbai to cool down and maybe even kickstart a new swimming journey. We haven’t included pools in hotels. Coaching and training academies have been included along with pools.
Ozone Swimming Pool, Goregaon
One of the most popular swimming pools in all of Mumbai with its fantastic Olympic sized pool. Ozone has several lifeguards on duty at all times and great coaches. Their selling point, probably, is their maintenance.
- Location: Siddharth Nagar, Goregaon (W.) Mumbai – 400062
- Fee: 115-140 Rs/hr.; 58-51 Rs/hr for ladies/students/SenCitizen
- Contact: email@example.com; 9869287552
Michael Phelps Swimming, Badhwar Park
Arguably the best swimming pool/academy in Mumbai with highly trained professionals and a success record of nearly 30 years to show for it. The emphasis is not just to teach the swimming techniques but to incorporate them in a fun and imaginative ways for the learner. If you’re serious about swimming, this is your best bet.
- Location – 2A, Solanki House, 4th Road, Khar West, Mumbai – 400052
- Fee: 4000 – 10000
- Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org; 8291728894
Body Rhythm Enterprises Limited – Health Club
A great health club with a beautiful pool stretching upto 22 metered and 10 feet deep. They have great instructors and coaches and a sauna. Everything is well maintained. Apart from the pool, you. An avail other great facilities as well.
- Location – No. 12-A, Advent General Bhosle Marg, Next to YB Chavan Pratishtan, Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400021
- Fee : 4000
- Contact – 9820964056/22003127
The Club Mumbai
Mainly a recreation centre, but the 3 different swimming pools make it that much better. The Club has 3 different swimming pools for different levels of swimmers. An Olympic sized 25m/7ft pool, a Wading Pool with 4ft depth and a children’s pool with 1.5ft in depth.
- Location – No. 197, DN Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400053
- Swimming classes – Lead by Anand Pardesi, a national swimmer for various levels of training, beginners, advanced, competitive or One to one personal coaching
- Contact – 022 6611 7777
One of the more sought after clubs and pools in Mumbai. World class facilities and a fantastic pool for both recreation and training.
- Location – Carter Rd, Bandra West, Mumbai – 400050
- Contact – 022 2644 1111
The Pranshukhlal Mafatlal Hindu Club
An Olympic sized pool and other great facilities. Maintenance is great. The downside being, membership may take up to years on the waiting list as they are already full.
- Location – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Chowpatty, Girgaon, Mumbai – 400007
- Contact – 022 23695345
YMCA Swimming Pool
The most popular destination of the YMCA. YMCA boasts well maintained pools lead by a team of highly trained professionals. Few persons have gone to achieve state and national level honours.
- Location – Building No. 18, YMCA Road, next to Maratha Mandir Theatre, Mumbai Central
- Fee : 3070 / 2 months; 11110 / pa; Coaching Fee : 500/
- Contact – 23070601, 23078457
Khar Gymkhana Swimming Pool
A fitness centre with all sorts of sports facilities along with an Olympic sized pool and fantastic instructors.
- Location – 13th Road, Khar (W), Mumbai – 400052
- Fee – 5000
- Contact – email@example.com; 022 42107689
Goregaon Sports Club
An all round sports club for the active lifestyle. 3 pools, Olympic size, children’s pool, diving pool for members to choose from.
- Location – Link Road, Near Toyota Showroom, Malad West, Mumbai – 400064
- Fee – 100/day for guests, Membership for adults starts ₹40000/pa
- Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org; 4038 7000
Mandapeshwar Civic Foundation Gymkhana
Standard sized pool with 25m×18m along with a baby pool measuring 5m×8m and 1′ deep. Along with the two pools, there are 7 showers in the changing rooms.
- Location – MCF Swimming Pool-cum-Sports complex, Gymkhana Road, Prem Nagar, Borivali West, Mumbai
- Fee – 28 (weekdays), 39 (weekends and holidays)
- Contact – 022 2892 3624
Mahatma Gandhi Swimming Pool
4 seperate pool for swimmers, main pool (50 m×15 m), diving pool, 1 training pool and a kids pool. The pools are extremely well maintained with trained instructors.
- Location – Opposite Shivaji Park, Near Mayor’s Bungalow, Veer Savarkar Marg, Dadar West, Mumbai
- Fee : 100/45 mins (Yearly Membership closed)
- Contact – 24452062, 25601989
Swim for Better Living
Coaches with experience over 35 years of swimming. Both male and female coaches available who have received state and national level awards. Different levels available for swimmers, beginners, intermediate and advanced. Apart from these, aqua aerobics, private lessons, water polo and mother Toddler classes are also available.
- Location – Survey No. 41, CATS No. 1, New Link Road, Shanti Nagar, DN Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai
- Contact – email@example.com; 9819230509
Swimming training for the last 17 years with special attention to children and special children for competitive swimming. The coaches are state and national level coaches.
- Location – Flat No. 304, Darshan Heights, BM Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai
- Fee: 1200/pm (1000 per session for private training)
- Contact – 22 38552708
National Sports Club of India
A beautiful 75ft×40ft swimming pool with trained guards and instructors available at all times. Pool can be booked for school or colleges events. Over 300 lockers and separate changing rooms are available for members.
- Location – Lala Lajpat Rai Marg, Lotus Colony, Worli, Mumbai
- Contact – 022 2493 8813; firstname.lastname@example.org
Andheri Sports Complex
A popular sorts destination that boasts an Olympic size pool with a four-story dive board. The Complex is a hotspot for many sporting events and even movie filming.
- Location – Jp Rod, Sahayog Society, Munshi Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai
- Contact – 26744292, 26740035
Thanks for reading it till here :), don’t forget to check out some in Chennai too: https://www.getfitso.com/blog/swimming-pool-in-chennai/