Tired of looking for all the weight loss options everywhere? Starting from your family members’ advice to the internet, but nothing seemed to work for you. And then there are some, who start with all the determination and then give in to their cravings in the middle of the diet. What if I tell you of a diet that permits you to eat to your heart’s content and still makes sure that you lose those extra kilos?
This breakthrough diet known as the Swedish Diet plan that focuses on increasing the intake of proteins and fats and lower intake of carbohydrates. It is also known to increase one’s metabolism, lower cravings and aid in digestion leading to an effective weight loss. As a result, you can lose up to 12 pounds in two weeks!
“It might sound too good to be true, but the combination of essential vitamins and amino acids provided by the diet enhances the metabolism while suppressing the appetite. The Swedish Diet Plan lets you eat as much as you want while the pounds melt off.”
What makes this diet so popular and effective is the fact that it is easy to follow and doesn’t encourage you to starve, to shed that extra weight. All foodies know just how much they love eating! Isn’t it?
However, if you want the diet to show results, you need to follow it strictly without being casual.
So here’s what the diet is all about:
The Swedish diet plan segregates food into three groups:
- What is to be eaten?
- What is to be avoided?
- What can be eaten occasionally?
What is to be eaten?
Eating these will provide the essential nutrients to the body.
- Eggs: Organic eggs work best for this diet but if not available, you can go for the regular ones. You can have them boiled, fried or as omelettes.
- Dairy Products: Greek yoghurt, butter, sour cream, cream cheese etc and other high-fat natural dairy products
- All kinds of meat, fish and shell-fish: like beef, lamb, turkey, pork, chicken. Have these boiled or stewed
- Vegetables that grow above the ground: You can go for vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, olives, spinach, mushrooms, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, onions, peppers, tomatoes etc.
- Nuts & Seeds: All kinds of nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, Indian, Brazilian nuts etc can be taken in moderation.
- Beverages: You can have tea and coffee both, but make sure to keep them unsweetened. Get yourself a espresso machine, visit site here.
What is to be avoided?
There are some food items that strictly need to be avoided in the Swedish diet.
- Sugars & Artificial Sweeteners: Sugars, sodas, beer, sweetened juices, pastry, cakes, desserts, ice cream, muesli, muffins, granola and artificial sweeteners need to be taken out of the menu.
- Bread, Grains and other items: Grains and starch, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, French fries, chips, porridge. Legumes too, like beans and lentils, as they are high in carbs.
- Refined oils and Margarine: should be avoided. Use oils such as olive oil which contains healthy fats.
What can be eaten occasionally?
There’s hardly anyone who doesn’t have a craving. So, here are the food items that can be eaten occasionally like once or twice a week at the most.
- Chocolates: You can have dark chocolate in moderation that has over 70% cocoa
- Vegetables: like carrot, beetroot, turnip, celery can be taken sometimes
- Fruits: As they contain high amount of sugar, even these need to be taken only occasionally, preferably when you have a craving for something sweet.
- Drinks: You may go for dry red or white wine, brandy, vodka once in a while
So, go for this magical diet along with some exercise for an effective way to shed those extra kilos! Kimberley Jennings from London lost a staggering 12lbs in just one week following this diet.
“My Success story is that I have tried over thirty diets and none have shifted my weight as much as The Swedish Diet. I only took it for a week to try it out and have lost 12lbs and 6 inches over my body” Kimberley said.
However, be cautious, before going for any kind of diet, you are advised to consult a certified nutritionist or doctor before following the diet as everyone has the different body. If you want to lose weight or have any other fitness goal in mind, let our diet coach help you.