Spinach isn’t something which most people like to eat. However, most bland tasting foods also happen to be the healthiest ones. Read on to find out about spinach juice benefits.
Nutrients in Spinach
Spinach contains Amino acids, Magnesium, Potassium, Carotenes, Iodine and Iron. It also contains Vitamins A, B complex, C, E and K. The protein contained in spinach is the same as found in meat. It has been found that Spinach has 14 times the iron per calorie than red meat. Eating lots of raw green veggies will solve any iron deficiency, especially when released from their fibres in juice form and with the help of added vitamin C-rich lemon. Important to note is the high sodium level in spinach. Other than cooking it, one of the most ideal ways of consuming spinach is to make spinach juice from it.
How to Make Spinach Juice:
- Two cups of Spinach (chopped)
- One carrot (chopped)
- Lemon or Lime juice
- Clean the spinach and the carrot thoroughly under running water
- Pour water into a blender or a mixer
- Add the spinach, carrot and after that, add the lemon or lime juice
- Blend until the mixture becomes smooth
- Once blended, take it out and check for chunks of carrot. If they are there, simply blend it again.
- If the mixture is a smooth one, then pour it over a strainer into a glass.
- Reach for the pulp at the bottom of the juice and squeeze it for getting maximum spinach juice out of it
- Discard the pulp after done
- Pour the remaining juice into a glass
Spinach Juice Benefits are as follows:
- Spinach helps your body with creating more red blood cells. This helps with combating anaemia.
- Spinach is helpful for those who are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. This is because spinach juice is highly alkaline in nature.
- Afflicted with bleeding gums? Spinach juice benefits your gums as well. The Vitamin C contained in Spinach helps with stopping the bleeding.
- The lution, flavonoids and chlorophyll present in spinach help with preventing the growth of cancerous cells.
- One of the many Spinach benefits is also great for fighting symptoms of cataract and night blindness. The carotenoids and the Vitamin A present in spinach help with fighting these two conditions.
- Spinach is high in fibre and can be helpful for reducing symptoms of constipation. It can be also used as a digestion aid and for relieving ulcers and colitis.
- Drinking a glass of spinach juice every day is extremely beneficial for pregnant women because it provides all the nutrients required by the foetus. And that is not all. Spinach also helps with boosting the quality and the amount of milk which is produced by the mother’s body.
- Vitamin K present in Spinach helps with building strong bones and with preventing conditions like Osteoporosis.
- Spinach juice benefits also include reducing high blood pressure.
Common Spinach Juice Side Effects are as follows:
Note: All of these Spinach juice side effects might occur only if it is consumed excessively.
- Stomach disorder
- Kidney stones
- Allergic reaction (Rare)
Spinach juice side effects might occur if more than three glasses of spinach juice are consumed every day. Drinking less than that is absolutely fine and beneficial for health.