Marathons in India has been a rising topic over the past few years. Every year, in every marathon, the number of participants increases and there is more energy and enthusiasm seen every time. For those who are looking for some Mumbai Marathon Tips, here are a few:
1. Prepare yourself: Prior to at least three months before a marathon, you should start preparing yourself. Keep yourself in shape, by running daily for a few kilometres without breaks, and extending the distance each day. If you dedicate at least 30 minutes a day to this activity, that will be enough, but the more the better! Check out some awesome running routes in Mumbai here.
2. Throw out the Fat Foods: You should not be distracted by the appealing and yummy foods which are high in fat. You should take the ones which rather give you energy and not make you put on weight. Taking vegetables and fruits for example, will help give you the energy you need without giving you fat that would reduce your stamina.
3. Stop Smoking: As you are aware, Smoking is injurious to health. What you might not know is that it also reduces your stamina. So stop smoking and Start Running. Do you know, that Runner’s High is almost as same as getting high by Alcohol?
4. Eat less at Night: It’s always a good practice to have light dinner. Before you sleep, you should not take any heavy meals, especially when you are planning to run for 21 or 42 Kms.
5. Stop Giving Up: When you decide to go beyond your capacity, you establish new limits. So don’t give up when your body gives up, as that’s when the miracle starts happening. But also note that don’t take it too fast. Start with what you can do comfortably and then increase it gradually.
6. Drink a lot of Water: Keep yourself hydrated and ignore packaged drinks. Drink as much water as you can.
All the best for your run! Prepare hard!