MS Dhoni is one of the most popular sports personalities in the world. MS Dhoni diet and workout routine has always generated a lot of interest. He is not only known for his significant contribution in taking Team India to the greatest heights in the sports of cricket but also he also the fittest one!
But at 36, one wonders if Dhoni will manage to keep fitness at peak during next world cup. Continue reading and you will learn about the tips that MS Dhoni follows to keep himself healthy and fit:
Avoid products with fat
Dhoni believes in burning all the excessive amounts of fat in the body. He maintains the content of fat one requires in a day and plans his diet accordingly.
Apart from cricket, he plays badminton and football. He has an opinion that playing football and badminton enhances his eyesight, concentration and improves his footwork.
His personal trainer revealed to an online portal that he is particularly good at badminton and football and often switches a session at the gym for a game of these instead. Badminton is great for eye work and honing your reflexes, helpful for a wicketkeeper. The footwork and stamina build-up in football helps in his ability to run between wickets.
Drinks fresh juice
He prefers to drink fresh juice instead of usual soda and soft drinks. One can add fresh juice on their daily menu. Cut short on packaged juices rather buy a juicer and prepare fresh juice for yourself.
Dhoni drinks an ample amount of protein drinks during his workout sessions and practice sessions. He believes that one should develop a taste for protein shakes to stay fit.
If you don’t like protein powder that is available in the market, you can prepare it by referring different books and internet for a variety of recipes. For the best results, find a protein shake that contains some carbs, or blend your shake with a carb-rich snack like a banana.
He is a great fan of Indian food and loves to eat dal chawal.
He is fond of milk products such as yogurt and milk. Adding milk to your daily diet is good for maintaining calcium levels in the body and also prevent from bone injuries while playing if your bones are strong.
When Dhoni emerged on the international cricket scene, he sported long brown hair and it was rumored he drank four liters of milk every day. However, Dhoni later denied this and clarified he drank only one liter of milk daily.
Last but not the least, a regular workout is necessary to keep the body going at a healthy pace.
MS Dhoni Diet Plan
MS Dhoni diet plan is also unorthodox. Butter Chicken is not something you will find in world’s one of the finest athlete.
- Breakfast: Porridge with fresh fruits and nuts plus a glass of milk
- Lunch: Chappatis with Daal plus or chicken (for added protein) plus Veg Salad. Butter Chicken is his favorite.
- Evening snacks: Chicken Sandwich, Yoghurt
- Dinner: Chapathis – 2 or 3, chicken, vegetable salads, fruits etc.
- During Match: Protein drinks and fresh juices. He avoids soda and soft drink.
Key points of MS Dhoni Diet Plan:
- Avoid food with high-fat content is a no-brainer
- Protein powder is an isolated nutrient source, so it provides a lot of nutrition for relatively few calories. Athletes do need considerable amounts of protein, far above the normal recommended daily allotment because maintenance, repair, and growth of lean muscle mass all depend on protein.
- Milk and dairy foods are an important part of Dhoni diet plan.
- They are healthy foods and considered nutrient-rich because they serve as good sources of calcium and vitamin D as well as protein and other essential nutrients.
- They provide phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A, B12, and riboflavin.
- Milk provides all the essential nutrients for recovery. For optimal recovery after exercise, athletes muscles require carbohydrate to refuel and protein for repair. Foods such as breakfast cereal with milk, flavored milk, and fruit smoothies provide carbohydrate and protein along with many other essential nutrients.
MS Dhoni Workout Routine
Cricketers are certainly not the fittest athlete on the planet, but it’s changing. the game has gone through major changes and the physical demands made on a cricketer’s body has also increased dramatically. No longer can a batsman just continue to defend away for overs, he has too often used his strength to hit big sixes. Adding to that, standing on squat position behind the wicket for MS Dhoni requires peak fitness level.
Strength training helps in preventing injury, increasing running speed, increasing throwing distance, reducing fatigue and improving bat speed. The focus of MS Dhoni’s workout is on strength training.
Some of the favorite gym workouts of MS Dhoni are:
Machine Chest Press
V-Grip Lateral Pulldown
Dumbbell Chest Press
Prone Dumbbell Rowing
Alternate Dumbbell Curl
Walking Lunges with Dumbbell
Single Leg Deadlift
Reverse Lunges on Bench
No more delay in getting healthier, start adopting these tips and get fitter in a short span of time with MS Dhoni diet plan and workout.