Apart from being a great actress, Kalki Koechlin is much appreciated for her lean body. As per her “I am lucky that I have a good metabolism rate. If you are in a good, happy space, you are working hard and you are not overeating, then you get to eat everything you can as long as you keep exercising and eat sensible food”.
However, Kalki does not like to sweat it out in the gym. “Yoga is something I have been doing on-and-off. For me, it’s swimming. Swimming and yoga. I am not much of a gym person. I don’t like to build muscle, but yoga and swimming is what I do,” said Kalki to India Today.
When asked about being Vegan this was her answer “Although I am not a big meat eater, I would find it too difficult to get all my proteins from a vegan diet especially when travelling outside of India.”
Kalki Koechlin Diet Plan
- She believes in eating sensibly instead of following a diet plan. According to her “It does not mean that you are on a diet all the time. It’s just you eat everything in moderation”.
- Breakfast: Prefers eating oats with honey and yogurt for breakfast.
- Lunch: Indian e.g. rice with chicken or rajma. She adds sweet to her lunch by consuming chaas or yoghurt.
- Dinner: Roti, vegetables, and lentils.
- Snacks: Tea, fresh juices, shrewsbury biscuits, cheese and crackers
- Supplement: She doesn’t take any supplement. As per her “any supplement is a kind of dependency and the minute you stop taking it, all the problems come back. Weight should be gained or lost by being consistent in exercise and diet.”
Kalki Koechlin Diet Plan During Shoot
She sticks to the light subzi, dal and roti kind of diet on and off shoots. But she adds a lot of fresh juices, lassis and soups when shooting, to keep her energies up.
Kalki Koechlin Views on Crash Diet Plan
“I was on a crash diet when I was 18. But it was not so much a diet as starving myself. In the university, there was this obsession with being thin and I would skip meals, eat once a day. But it never worked because I’d end up stuffing myself in that one meal. I really don’t think crash diets work.”
Kalki Koechlin Diet Tips
- Water, lots of it!! Buy products from the local markets and not from supermarkets; they are fresher and still in their natural form.
- Always eat what you crave for, but just in small quantities like bite-size brownies; so that way, you don’t end up bingeing.
If you have any specific goal in mind, let our diet coach help you.