I came across this awesome protein shake recipe. Unlike the regular protein shakes, which I hate to the core, it’s damn tasty, healthy and low-calorie (good for weight loss) at the same time!
It’s no secret that we Indian consume less protein – recommended dietary allowance for protein is modest 0.8g per kg of body weight. Protein is a vital body component that benefits in – weight maintenance, speedy recovery after exercise, reducing muscle loss, building lean muscle, and satiation.
Further, this drink is extremely easy to make. So, just enjoy 🙂
Take 2 serving per day – Each just 115 calories
- About 2 Cups of Ice
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Brewed Coffee (unsweetened)
- 1 Chopped Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth
- Start with less ice and keep adding more until you get the consistency you like.
- Feel free to add a little plain greek yoghurt or peanut butter to make it richer.
- Use a protein powder that you love.
- If you find the protein powder taste to be a little overwhelming, try using just 1/2 a scoop, and add a little plain greek yoghurt.
- Use more or less banana depending on how sweet you would like your drink
Explore more about rich protein sources here.