Athletes in the 21st century usually stick to a strict diet throughout challenging tournaments to keep their body at optimal performance, but then again, Roger Federer isn’t like many others.
The 35-year-old family man revealed his secret diet after defeating Tomas Berdych in straight sets.
“I like my ice cream, I like my chocolate. That’s my diet,” he said without an ounce of shame. “I like my treats, I don’t feel bad about it, I like it I can do it and play tennis at the same time.”
But could a man be fit while enjoying ice-cream and sugar intake throughout 19-yr professional career?
This made us research about ice-cream. How cool it will be if you can lose weight while having ice-cream?!
To our surprise, it’s possible.
The secret to the diet is the calcium. In a study, it was found that people eating three or four servings of dairy products totaling 1,200 or 1,300 milligrams of calcium a day, lost 70 percent more weight, and 64 percent more fat on a high-dairy diet.
Dairy based ice-cream can provide you the important calcium. Further, ice cream satisfies the cravings, so that dieters don’t feel as strong an urge to binge.
Here is a complete diet plan from “The Ice Cream Diet” a new book from St. Martin’s Press.
Ice Cream Diet Plan
While on the diet, women may have 1 cup of ice cream, and men may have 1½ cups per day. (You should use low-fat ice cream that contains 125 calories or fewer calories per half-cup serving, for a total of 250 calories for women, and 375 calories for men.)
The diet contains a total of 1,500 calories for women and 2,000 for men.
Women, 330 calories; Men, 430 calories.
- Bagel served with 1 cup of fruit salad and 1 cup of fat-free milk
- Bran Flakes with Blueberries
- Strawberry Slush
- Frozen Waffles
Average for women: 365 calories. Average for men: 430 calories.
- Roast Chicken Sandwich
- Bean Burrito
- Subway Sandwich: Have a 6-inch Subway Veggie Delite on wheat bread.
- Salad bar
Average for women: 165 calories, Average for men: 215 calories
- Iced Cafe
Average for women: 390 calories, Average for men: 515 calories
- Lentil soup with French bread
- Pizza. Have 1 slice of a large, 14-inch pizza (not thick crust) topped with 2 veggies, such as mushrooms and green bell pepper.
- Pasta Dinner: Microwave a frozen pasta dinner of 300 to 330 calories
- Wendy’s Chili: Have a large chili and side salad
- Chicken Club or Corned Beef Sandwich and salad