Running is more than just moving your legs more rapidly than walking. The technique you adopt makes all the difference between an easy or hard workout. Here are 7 tips for on How to Make Running Easier, that can help you increase your speed and make it as easy as walking:
1) Shorten your strides. By aiming to take more steps per minute, your running seems less daunting as it saves the energy that you’d otherwise spend trying to cover more ground in each step.
2) Keep your posture right by leaning just slightly forward from your ankles. This helps your body stay in line and builds an overall good foundation for good running. This is the basic step on how to make running easier.
3) Let your arms and shoulders relax. It is moreover advised that you should keep your arms pumping at your side and bent at approximately 90 degrees.
4) Don’t be too frugal. If running is what you’ve planned to do daily, you must invest some money in buying a good pair of shoes. Replace your shoes after every 400 to 500 kilometres. Worn out shoes generally make your running more difficult.
5) While running, rather than looking down, it is important that you look straight ahead. No, it doesn’t have much to do with your neck but with you brain. When you run looking ahead, it helps your brain perceive the target as closer in distance than if you’re looking down or somewhere else.
6) It often gets hard for people to keep up with their running workouts due to boredom. To make your running more entertaining, try to tag along a running partner or use a pair of headphones instead.
7) How your foot strikes the ground also decides how easy or hard your running sessions feel. Just like while walking, concentrate on landing midfoot. Striking with a flat foot is always better than striking with your heel or toe. Be alert about this!