Who says healthy food is essentially boring? The statement couldn’t be more flawed! Here, to prove it is a versatile list of the most scrumptious and healthy dishes you will ever taste in your life! Packed with the most nutritious but sinfully yummy ingredients ever, these dishes will take you to heaven and back! Follow these Healthy tips and recipes for a better tomorrow.
Stop sugarcoating, Honey it instead!
Sugar is one of the main reasons for weight gain. It might be time for you to start cutting back on it. Moreover, honey is a much healthier option, so remember to supplement your food with honey wherever possible. In addition, tea or a variety of juices will taste just as good as with honey as with sugar and you will see your waistline getting slimmer.
Nutritional benefits: It prevents cancer and heart disease, reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders, increases athletic performance and also soothes throat problems.
Stop the salt:
Salt is another no-no if you are looking for a way to shed those extra pounds. However, it doesn’t mean your food should be bland. It just means you are going to have to go for a few healthier alternatives. Black salt or kala namak will help you here. Black salt is good for your skin, health and hair.
In the morning if you are late for work or if you don’t have time for breakfast, have a banana. They are loaded with cardio-protective potassium and an effective prebiotic, enhancing calcium absorption. Additionally they also increase dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin, neurotransmitters that counter depression. This way, you will have a bright and beautiful day ahead.
The egg came first!
Eggs are packed with nutrition. It is an absolute must to add eggs to your diet. It is a healthy way to keep your stamina up and it has all the right goodness in it. Eggs contain essential vitamins and minerals and are a low-calorie, low-fat source of easily digestible protein. You can safely eat up to two eggs daily as cholesterol in the diet doesn’t have an impact on cholesterol in the blood.
Cut the cheese!
Cheese is one of the main reasons for weight gain. Yes, it does contain a lot of healthy nutrients and it is extremely delicious but if you want to keep your weight in check, the cheese has got to go. You can substitute it in a sandwich by using corn instead which will make your sandwich taste just as yummy.
Haldi or Turmeric powder:
Turmeric is a powerful ingredient packed with all the goodness the human body needs.
Adding a bit of turmeric in your milk will help you go a long way to being fit. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
A few Healthy tips and Recipes for your Burning Hunger
Ginger and mint buttermilk:
If you are on a diet and have a habit of skipping breakfast, this is the perfect alternative for you. It has all the natural goodness in it and unlike most shakes, it tastes heavenly. This delicious drink can be made in under five minutes and will keep you up and running for the rest of the day.
- Yoghurt (100 grams)
- Mint (Three sprigs)
- Cumin powder (One pinch)
- Salt (Quarter teaspoon)
- Rinse the mint thoroughly and put it in the blender along with the yoghurt. Blend it till the yoghurt forms a light green color.
- Pour water as per your needs into the blender and add the cumin and salt as well. Blend till well mixed and pour it all in a glass and top off with a single mint leaf.
- Mint: Mint is known for its capability to aid in It also stimulates the formation of digestive enzymes that absorbmany essential nutrients from food.
- Cumin: Cumin’s health benefits include its capability to assist in digestion, develop immunity and help in the treatment of piles, insomnia, respiratory disorders, asthma, bronchitis, common cold, lactation, anemia, skin disorders, boils and cancer.
- Curd: It is also a good source ofProtein and is very rich in vitamins.
Whole grilled or roast chicken:
- Whole Chicken – 1
- Garlic – 3 cloves (minced)
- Rosemary (dried) – 1 tbsp.
- Unsalted butter (softened) – 3 tbsp.
- Crushed black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Lemon – 1
You’ve probably avoided chicken since you started dieting as a part of your lose-some-weight program. But being a chicken lover, it’s obviously killing you sit put and away from the food. Chicken is not necessarily a fatty food, as long as you don’t mean KFC and McDonald’s when you say chicken! Here is a mouth-watering, low-calorie chicken recipe which not only slims down that waistline but also fills your belly with heaven!
Now this recipe can be used to make either grilled or roasted chicken.
- Turn the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Or if you are going for the grilled chicken, fit in a rod over your barbeque grill.
- Take a large roasting dish and drizzle some olive oil. Add some vegetables and onions and spread it at the bottom of the pan.
- Clean the chicken and dry it completely.
- Juice the lemon and rub it all around the chicken. Leave the lemon rind along with the potatoes in the baking dish.
- Mix the butter, garlic, rosemary, salt, crushed pepper powder and the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Spread some of this butter mixture under the skin of the chicken. Put the remaining butter all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken carefully in the dish.
- Tuck the legs and wings of the chicken under the body to prevent it from getting burnt.
- Bake for an hour and half. Check the temperature. If it has reached 170 degree Fahrenheit, take it out of the oven. If not keep it for another 10 minutes. Poke a slim knife into the chicken and if the juices coming out of the chicken are clear and translucent, then the chicken is cooked. Do not overcook, else the chicken will get burnt.
- Let the chicken sit for 10 minutes before you dig in.
Chicken: Chicken is a rich source of niacin and is a very good source ofprotein and selenium. Additionally, it is also packed with other essential ingredients such as vitamin B6, and phosphorus.
Beetroot and Pomegranate juice:
It is common knowledge that beetroot and Pomegranates are wonderfully rich in nutrients. Inculcating these in your diet will definitely aid in your health.
- Beet juice (From two beetroots)
- Juice of three pomegranates.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Mint (Two sprigs)
- Sugar (optional)
- Use a juice extractor to create fresh pressed juices.
- Combine the lemon juice, beet juice and pomegranate molasses in your blender. Top with mineral water to your liking. Give it a quick blend and then garnish with two sprigs of mint and a thin slice of lemon.
- If you want to add sugar, do not go for more than one teaspoon.
Beets: This vegetable is filled with essential nutrients. They are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C.
Pomegranate: This fruit is filled with fiber, vitamins K and C, folate, potassium and antioxidant compounds. It also contains iron.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- 200- 250 grams spinach/palak
- 1 or 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- 2 tsp oil or ghee (A healthier option would be bran flour oil. )
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing (optional)
- salt as required
- oil for frying the parathas
- Rinse the spinach leaves and dry them.
- Boil the leaves in water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now strain this and save some of the stock in which the spinach was boiled. Puree the spinach in a blender.
- In a large bowl, knead the whole wheat flour with salt, carom seeds, green chili and asafetida and required amount of stock. This way, you get all the nutrients from the spinach.
- Add the spinach puree to the dough and knead well.
- Take a small ball of dough and roll it into a paratha. Fry this on a hot tava until it is golden brown on both sides. It is better if you stick with bran flour oil. This way, you can stay in shape and it actually tastes the same, if not better.
Spinach: It offers antioxidant protection and supports thyroid function.
- Ragi powder- 4 tbsp.
- Jaggery or honey- 1 ½ tsp.
- 1 cup water
- Milk/ soya milk- A few dashes
- Add the honey or jaggery to the water in a pan and keep stirring.
- Slowly stir in the flour and make sure there are no lumps.
- Cook on a low flame till it cooks entirely.
- Add dashes of milk to improve the uniformity. And eat immediately before it forms a crust.
Ragi hinders fat formation especially in the liver making it a strong anti-cholesterol agent and it also helps in stopping anemia.
Brown bread sandwich:
- Brown bread- 8 slices.
- Olive oil- 2 tsp.
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Onions chopped- 2
- Mushrooms chopped-(5-6)
- Black pepper powder (To taste)
- Smoked salmon or chicken (100 gms)
- Salt to taste
- Toast the bread (If you prefer it toasted.)
- Thereafter, sauté the onions and garlic together and then add the mushrooms and stir.
- Layer your sandwich as per preference.
Brown bread reduces the risk of heart disease and helps in weight loss.
Ginger lemon tea:
- Tea bag(s).
- Ginger- 1 inch.
- Honey- (1-2 tsp.)
- Stir in ginger and honey into some water in a pan. Thereupon, when it comes to a boil, bring it to a slow flame for 20 minutes.
- After this, put in your tea bag(s) and leave it for five minutes.
- Strain into a cup and have at morning and night.
Ginger is known to arrest nausea, constipation and pain.
Some quick solutions, because everyone likes little Happiness.
- Opt for healthy breakfast options like – poha, besan chilla, dalia, idli sambhar with chutney, dry missi parantha. Additionally, avoid those big ready-made cereal boxes, I call them hoax foods.
- For fillers – small fistful of Chana , ½ bowl of sprout salad , popcorn with butter , open sandwich with roasted vegetables , dahi / curd and no need to buy fancy yoghurts.
- Exercise is a must, do it at least for 30 minutes – MOVE YOUR BODY TO HAVE THE BODY YOU LONG FOR, IT’S NEVER TOO LATE!!
- PRE & POST workout, don’t ditch nutritious food because it’s important to move those scales.
Do you still think you can’t follow a healthy diet. We at Fitso strive to help individuals achieve their desired fitness goal. For better tips and everyday recipes for your meals, hire a Fitso nutritionist and you will never say yes to unhealthy food.
Download our free app