An advanced fitness trainer, dietician, nutritionist, sports fitness trainer and author. This is what defines Guru Mann best. This Indian born, California bred fitness enthusiast has been modelling and working out for the last 15 years. Also, did I mention that he has a 300,000 plus loyal subscribers to his fitness channel Guru Mann Fitness on Youtube?
Today we look at the story of this young man who wants to make fitness a commonplace. His passion for Fitness and well-being echoes with Fitso’s vision of a fit India.
“Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory”
For Mann, it all started when he was tired of being called skinny and decided to do something about it. He made fitness training his top priority and worked out religiously. He put on muscle and became extremely fit over the years. Now, training others has become his sole passion in life and is certainly excelling at it. Now he is working hard for ‘Mission India Fit’. Guru Mann’s workouts have also become exceedingly popular on the social media. His says lifting weights makes him unique and gives him the rush.
Guru Mann Body and Certifications
- Height: 1.82 m (6 ft.)
- Weight: 190 lbs (86 kg)
- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Arms: 17.2 inches
- Current Body Fat Percentage: 7%
Guru Mann is certified as
- NASM-FNS (National Academy of Sports Medicine-Fitness Nutrition Specialist)
- ASFA-APT (American Sports & Fitness Association-Certified Advanced Trainer)
- ISSA-CSN (International Sports Sciences Association-Certified Sports Nutrition)
- NASM-CPT (National Academy of Sports Medicine-Certified Personal Trainer)
- ASFA-CNC (American Sports & Fitness Association-Certified Nutrition Consultant)
- ISSA-CSCS (International Sports Sciences Association-Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist)
Guru Mann Diet Chart and Tips:
Guru Mann believes that every health disorder is a direct result of not eating right. And every such problem should be solved by starting in the kitchen instead of the pharmacy stores. Unless you fuel your body with the necessary nutrition, you cannot expect a change. People emphasis on proteins and carbs while overlooking other important aspects of a diet like sodium, oils, sugars and water intake. Also, Guru Mann workouts are an excellent way to improve muscle mass and lose fat.
- Take 20-30 gm of Sugar from natural sources like fruits. 2 to 2.4 g of sodium, and a tablespoon of oil.
- 4-6 litres if water is necessary for a day along with 2 cups of green tea.
- Have salads twice a day, preferably 20 min before your lunch and dinner.
- 40-45% of the meals should consist of proteins and 30-35% for carbs. Fat should make up for another 20-25%.
- For muscle gain: 6 meals throughout the day. Starts with oats and 6 egg whites for the first meal followed by wheat bread with protein shake for the second. Meal 3 consists of a chicken breast, with sweet potato and a salad. The next two meals should include more of wheat bread and peanut butter along with a protein drink, 2 egg whites and bananas. The last one can have a Tuna/Fish with cottage cheese and a large salad.
- For Fat Loss: 6 meals throughout the day. Start with whole grain cereal and 5 Egg whites for the first meal followed by protein drink, apple and nuts for the second. Meal 3 consists of a chicken breast and a salad with an avocado. The next two meals should have 6 egg whites strawberries and an apple along with a protein drink and a banana. The last one can have a Tuna/Fish with a large salad.
Guru Mann fitness secrets
Guru Mann workout has become very popular among his followers for their promising results. Importantly, each and every plan of his is free of cost. He wanted to take his plans to each and every person who aspires to become fit and healthy.
For beginners, it is important to take it slow and work out regularly. With dedication and hard work, one can strengthen all muscle groups over time and also lose unnecessary fat. While working out, it is advised to have a trainer around to guide you for a good form. A lot of beginners’ mistakes can be prevented that way. Needless to say, your diet should also remain solid.
For intermediate and advanced level workouts, Guru Mann workouts are available on his website, including the diet and workout schedules. Apart from his videos on workouts, Guru Mann also reviews various products in the health and wellbeing market for the benefit of his followers.
It’s your turn! Have a personal fitness or nutrition success story that you would like to share? Participated in a recent fitness event? Lost weight, or gained mass? Email us at email@example.com.