Many people have a habit of starting the day with a glass of milk. No matter if you are young or old, male or female; a glass of milk with breakfast is a ritual. You must have seen that mother’s give a glass of milk twice in a day to children, one in the morning and another in the evening or night. A glass of milk in the morning is doing wonders as it provides your body all the necessary nutrients and essential amino acids. Then what is the need of drinking milk at night? Why is it important to call off the day with a glass of milk?
Drinking Milk at night: Yes or No? This is one of the most confusing question asked by the people, some find it healthy to drink milk at night while there are people who suffer from diseases. What is the right time to consume a glass of milk for a healthy and fit body?
Let’s have a look at the benefits of drinking milk at night:
- Helps you sleep better: Many people complain about disturbed sleep, insomnia and restlessness. Health experts say that milk contains tryptophan, an amino acid that directly hits serotonin and melatonin hormones that induce a person to sleep. A small cup of warm milk helps in calming the nerves and muscles of the body which helps in better, deeper and peaceful sleep.
- Provides energy: Working out the whole day drains the body and lowers the energy level of the body. After a long day at work, you must have experienced pain, lack of energy and tiring body. To restore the energy back in the body, a glass of milk at night before sleep works the best. You can take a small glass and it will instantly boost the physical and mental capabilities and improves your mood.
- Helps in shedding some calories: For all the food lovers out there, if you feel hungry at night and have a habit of eating junk food, chips or salty items to kill the hunger, then get ready to shift the habit. Willing to burn some calories without any effort? Want to reduce weight and still keep the body fit? Then, a small shift from chips to a glass of milk can do miracle for the body. Try consuming a warm cup of milk at night and say goodbye to late night hunger, extra calories and disturbed sleep. But, make sure to keep the intake limited for weight loss.
- A sure shot formula to improve digestion: Constipation, acidity and ill digestion are the root cause of many diseases nowadays. You can try as many doctors as possible, take different medicines, but the secret formula for healthy digestion is sitting in your kitchen. Experts say that a glass of milk three hours before sleeping enhances digestion improves bowel movement and eliminate constipation for a lifetime. So, for a good and fresh morning every day, start the night with a glass of milk.
- Eliminates other diseases: As it is said, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”, similarly, milk twice a day keeps the body healthy and free from ailments. If you are prone to health issues like diabetes, heart pain, chest pain, joint issues and back aches, etc., then make a habit of taking a small cup of warm milk with turmeric and bid adieu to all the diseases. Studies show that for best results, a glass of skim milk without sugar gives unparalleled results.
Well, the benefits of drinking milk at night are endless, but some people suffer from adverse effects as well. For some people, milk at night is like a poison because of low immunity and bad digestion.
Here are some of the guidelines to follow before drinking milk at night:
- Avoid in case of cough: If you are suffering from seasonal coughing or a patient of asthma, then drinking milk at night is a big no-no.
- When Suffering From Diarrhoea: Diarrhoea is one of the major and annoying stomach problems which the stomach is unable to digest anything. Whenever you are suffering from diarrhoea, stay away from milk at all times instead opt for buttermilk for relief.
- Less Sugar: The best way to consume milk at night is taking a small cup of warm milk with honey or sugar-free. Try to keep a distance with sugar and add other sweeteners that are less harmf to the body.
- The Right Time: Earlier, people used to drink milk just before sleep, but with increasing modernization and pollution, immunity perished and people find it difficult to digest. The best time to have a nice cup of milk is three hours before bed. You can also add dry fruits like almonds and walnuts for better nutrition.
- Ginger for Health: Ginger and cardamom are famous for many health benefits. Drinking milk at night with ginger and 3-4 cardamoms makes the milk tasty and healthy at the same time.
To summarise, Milk is the healthiest food on the planet and taking milk at night can transform your tiring and slim body into a healthy, nutritious and fit body. So, get set to make people jealous with a glass of milk at night.