Hunger pangs after a few tokes of marijuana are forthwith. This, the day since its discovery, commonly observed experience has kicked off inscrutable, yet beyond the bounds of scientific researchers, controversies, the quandary that does weed make you lose weight or gain weight, despite the continuous R&D, is at its greatest.
Both the existing mystical controversies are backed with their own supporting arguments. Does weed make you lose weight? Can quitting weed make you lose weight? Does weed make you gain weight or lose it? The concrete answer to each of the precedent question is dubious. The dogma of weight-gain effect of weed is fair enough on the basis that the puffs of marijuana elevate your appetite. On the contrary, enhanced metabolic activities of the body under the effect of it justify the fact that it incurs weight loss. Uncertainty still lurks around the question –’Does weed make you lose weight?‘
What researchers to say about weed leading to weight loss?
There are various health organisations indulged in vouching for the marijuana’s connection with body weight. The Study of The American Journal of Epidemiology revealed:
The Study of The American Journal of Epidemiology:
- Obesity afflicted 22% of the Americans who were not into weeds, against the 14% who did smoke
- Susceptibility to diabetes is suppressed with its consumption.
Though marijuana boosts your cravings, the organization’s study ascertains the presence of certain chemically active compounds which boost up the metabolism of one’s body. This in turn, keeps body weight under control.
Here are finding of the survey:
- Marijuana lead to higher metabolic activities. This increased metabolic rate, despite the hunger attack, lets the body burn off calories. Hence, eating more gets counterbalanced.
- Weed also boosts good cholesterol levels and keeps you slimmer.
- Those who regularly take weeds have lower fasting insulin level leading to to the lesser risk of diabetes in life.
Scientists at the University of Nebraska, the Harvard School of Public Health, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre observed small waist circumference among marijuana users, compared to non-users.
How does weed make you lose weight?
THC, expanded as Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol is a psychoactive compound found in cannabis. Despite the fact that smoking up promotes ‘munchies’ and make you binge on more calories, you remain fortunate enough to look lean. What so then makes you look slender? THC, yes, this is the compound that comes to your rescue. Ghrelin, the powerful appetite-stimulating hormone, is awakened by THC. Ghrelin has a big role to play in the decomposition of carbohydrates fed into your system.
Does weed make you lose weight in a healthy way?
Weed has 60 chemicals, all have some side-effects. This might include dry mouth, bloodshot eyes, trouble with concentration, faster heart rate etc. You must weight the side-effects before deciding for unsystematic weight loss through this route.
Marijuana Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Art Glass in his controversial book provided easy to follow step for anyone who is interested in shedding few kg.
Smoking weed can get you in touch with psychological and emotional issues, which might have been the reason for weight gain in the first place. Smoking weed releases stress and can improve your overall well-being which helps in weight loss. Here are guidelines for Marijuana diet plan:
- Only have 3 hits
- Avoid bong to keep the puffs at minimum
- Always keep healthy snacks ready with you after smoke:
- Avoid processed foods and white sugar
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat leafy vegetables
- Avoid those crunchy cookies
- Go for high fiber diet – 65% of the THC is removed from the body with feces, so high fiber foods like beans, fruits and vegetables are very useful for detox next day