Who wouldn’t like to look like the dazzling diva, Deepika? Having spent almost a decade mesmerising us with her gifted acting skills and enthralling looks, Deeps continues to awe us every time she gets on that screen.
Now making her Hollywood debut, starring in the hit film, Return of Xander Cage, Deepika sports a perfectly toned body and has blown the trailer to bits. Which brings to question, how indeed does our favourite celebrity sculpt her body to look so flawless?
It’s quite simple of course. Check out what fastidiously Deepika Padukone diet looks like and what she works out on a routine.
Deepika Padukone Diet Chart:
The Yeh Jawaani Hai Diwani star seems to have a love for rice, but she doesn’t let that get in the way of achieving the perfect hourglass figure. Deepika who has been featured on the cover page of many a magazine including Vogue, Maxim and Femina.
Her dietician Yasmin Karachiwala speaks very highly of Deepika and together, the team achieves every goal they set to strive for.
The actress doesn’t follow any strict regimen but sticks to a couple of basic healthy dietary habits. Here’s what a typical day’s menu looks like from Deepika Padukone Diet.
- Breakfast: Either a south Indian meal of Dosa, Upma, another variant or two egg whites along with a glass of low-fat milk.
- Lunch: Grilled fish and dry rotis or chapatis along with steamed veggies or a salad.
- Evening snacks: Dry fruits and nuts with filter coffee.
- Dinner: Again, roti along with healthy cooked vegetables.
Going by the moto of living a little, she snacks on seasonal or tropical fruits, juice or coconut water every two hours.
A big fan of dark chocolate, she lets herself indulge a little from time to time. Also, she always sticks to a vegan menu at night.
Another big secret behind that perfect figure is that Deepika sometimes alternates high carb food with Quinoa, a high fibre substitute.
Deepika Padukone Workout Routine:
Bet you’re all curious to know the secret behind those toned legs and flat abdomen. The Return of Xander star does everything from deadlifts to yoga. She doesn’t have a fitness coach but Yasmin does help her out with her exercise routine from time to time. Here are some of the sequences that she follows.
- Gym: Deeps is not so big on hitting the gym every day unless she’s sculpting her figure for a huge upcoming movie. She hits everything from weight lifting to squats and monkey bars. If she is travelling and in need of a workout space, she makes it a point to get to the hotel gym.
- Dance: Deepika loves to dance, and as can be inferred from most of her movies, she’s very good at it. Perhaps it’s because she also uses dance as part of her daily exercise routine. Barathanatayam, Kathak and Jazz largely occupy her favourite art forms.
- Yoga: Yoga is something Deepika absolutely loves. And she wakes up at 6:00 AM every day to get it done. Among a various number of asanas and meditation, she feels it a refreshing and rejuvenating routine, the best way to start off her day. She says that doing yoga boosts her energy and concentration to last through the day. She starts off with ten cycles of the Surya Namaskar and then Marjariasana or the cat pose. Sarvangasana, the shoulder stand and Virabadhrasana, the warrior stance are also part of her daily schedule.
- Walks: She doesn’t go for early morning runs but does go for walks in the morning to refresh herself. Post-yoga, Deeps goes for half an hour of quiet walk time.
- Pilates and Stretching: This is one of the main reasons she appears so flexible and agile on set. Yasmin introduced her to a variety of the both which Deepika actually took to love. She said it helps her maintain litheness without the need for a lot of equipment. All she needs is a mat and some space.
Few other miscellaneous exercises she adheres to are swimming and crunches but only when she’s off filming and in the confines of a hotel.
Deepika Padukone Fitness Tips:
Here are a few other tips Deepika follows when it comes to health:
- “Make fitness your way of life” is her motto. As in, if you want to be healthy, be. Don’t stray from your fitness schedule.
- She doesn’t believe in strict diets but in healthy, nutritious and fresh food. So skip the chips section and get to organic fruits and vegetables for the most part.
- Being healthy is internal and external i.e mind, body and soul. Being slim or skinny isn’t being healthy. Strength and detoxifying are key.
- Always remember to exercise. Even if you are busy, don’t forget to dedicate your hour or half to keeping your body fit.
- Exercise must always be painful. You should love it. Incorporate some sports activity into your workout regime to make it more fun. Diet and exercise are key but what use is it if you’re sulking all the way?
- If you can’t attend the gym, turn the music on and dance. You’ll have fun and you’ll be rejuvenated to hit the gym tomorrow.
- Major importance should be given to sleep and water. If you’re stressed you might as well not exercise. Diet, sleep and exercise go hand in hand.
- Lastly, do not exercise or diet for someone else. Do it for yourself, for your health and for your happiness.