Chicken Pox also known as Varicella Zoster and it is one of the most contagious diseases. Generally, chicken pox is labelled as “childhood illness” people can suffer from it later in life if they have not had it before. Once you had chicken pox, the body develops a high immunity against the virus, thus preventing it from contracting again. During this time, certain foods result in quick spreading and thus pain. Read here the chicken pox diet which covers all the aspects of eating during chicken pox.
However, in certain cases even if you are protected against chicken pox, your health suffers your general immunity system suffers. Plus if you take immunity drugs like cortisone, there are chances you may get shingles
Shingles generally occur when people grow older and they have poor health. maintain a healthy chicken pox diet can be helpful in dealing with chicken pox in a better way.
Chicken Pox symptoms
Here are the causes of chicken pox:
- Low-grade fever
- Feeling of unwell
- Stuffiness in the nose and cough
- Skin blisters that fill with fluid
- Soreness in mouth, genitals, nose and other places
Chicken Pox causes
Chicken pox is the result of herpes varicella-zoster virus. It is contaminated by droplets from actions like a cough or sneezes or getting in touch with a person through clothing, blisters, bed linens of a person already suffering from it. it is most contagious in the first two days before the rashes start to come out.
There are healthy chicken pox diet plans that will help you fight with the illness and maintain the body’s immunity level.
There are several nutrients that you need to include in your chicken pox diet plan. Here are some of the important vitamins for chicken pox patients
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is effective for the scars and it fastens the healing process. Green vegetables and fruits are a rich source of vitamin A.
- Calcium and Magnesium: During chicken pox generally suffer from lack of sleep. Consuming the food that is boosted with magnesium and calcium like soy milk, beans, whole grain cereal and whole wheat bread.
- Zinc: Zinc is effective in strengthening the immune system and also improve the appetite. Corn, asparagus, beans, brown mushroom soup are rich sources of zinc.
Chicken Pox Diet for the Patient
These following chicken pox diet plan will help you deal with chicken pox in the much healthier way.
Drink lots of water
One of the important element of chicken pox diet is water because during this time you tend to become dehydrated. So in order to maintain the healthy water level, it is important that you drink lots of water. however, makes sure you only drink boiled water (once it is cooled down). Don’t share your water with anyone else.
Wheat Rave for breakfast
Here is one of the healthiest recipes of wheat rava:
- In a pressure cooker add the Rava and 3 times the water.
- Steam the wheat rava.
- You can keep them in an airtight container and you can eat whenever you want.
- Mix it with milk sugar or curd for better taste.
- You can also make upma from wheat rava and add chopped vegetables such as tomatoes, carrot, and capsicum.
Brat chicken pox diet
This is one of the best chicken pox diets that you can consume. These diets include apple, toast, and banana. Bananas are boosted with nutrients and have a good taste, so it will be good for your health and taste buds. Because of the fever, the taste buds tend to get sore, bananas would be helpful in this situation and it is easy to digest. Eat plain toast without any spread as it will be easy for you to digest.
Eat a lot of fruits
When you are looking for best chicken pox diet, it should include lots of fruits. It is better to go for soft fruits such as melons, apples, bananas, grapes, etc. Either eat fruits raw or you can make juice or milkshake.
Boiled vegetables are better when you are suffering from chicken pox rather than fried ones. Besides, it is very important not to consume oil during this time so avoid the oil. Go for sweet potatoes, carrots, cabbage, beans, etc.
A glass of tender coconut water is something that you should include chicken pox diet. It is enriched with important minerals and vitamins, and have no calories. Coconut water offers a cooling sensation to the body and increases the immunity. Also, it is effective in fighting the acidity.
Curd should be in your chicken pox diet because it is great for healing the skin. It is also enriched with probiotics and calcium, hence, it is quite beneficial. Try to consume curd daily.
These were some of the important foods that you should include in your chicken pox diet. These foods will help you heal faster.