You heard it right, at least 7 kg weight loss in under two weeks. This is no click-bait rather proven results via the healthy, restricted diet plan based on cucumber. The diet is plain and simple. You substitute a few items on your menu for different food recipes based on cucumber. These include salads, shakes etc. First let’s list down the many benefits of eating cucumber everyday.
- With just 15 calories for each 100 grams, it helps to to lose weight by enhancing metabolic action, increasing the body’s natural ability to burn fat.
- Cucumber’ phytonutrients are linked to its blood sugar lowering effects.
- Provides us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits
- Due to 96 per cent water content and mineral balance in a cucumber, it can produce similar hydration levels to twice the volume of water.
Besides being a food item, cucumber is a fantastic beauty treatment product for both skin (face) and eyes.
How does the diet work?
The important question. The weight loss isn’t by the usual caloric deficit or ketosis state of the Keto diet.
The process is simple. The toxin clearing properties of the cucumber clears out all the toxins in the body that causes the drop in your weight. At the same time, some of the water weight is also lost.
Note – While the 5 kg-7 kg estimate is an average based on many results, your experience may vary depending on how your body reacts to the process.
Sources for the toxins in your body
- Foods – Processed foods, high chemical/pesticide foods
- Environment – Pollution, cigarette smoke etc
- Chemical Products – Beauty products and other products with high chemical composition
- This is not a caloric deficit weight loss plan. Use the sample diet (provided below) to plan out a balanced diet filling all your macros and micros appropriately.
- You can have a lot of cucumbers in a day but don’t make cucumber your primary source of calories. Too many cucumbers can cause fluid loss, increase cancer cells, acne etc. Also, most vegetables these days are high in chemicals. Even organic have some chemicals in them. Too much chemical intake is obviously never good.
- You have to be rigid about your diet plan and stick to it at any cost. You cannot consume alcohol or sugars. Natural sugars from fruits are acceptable when taken in an appropriate quantity.
- 1-2 slice toasted multi grain bread or 2-3 boiled eggs
- Cucumber Salad
If you’re on the move, cucumber shake will be a better alternative.
- 200g-250g organic fruit with minimal sugars – Apple, peach
- 150g chicken breast or 150g tuna or 100g paneer
- 1-2 slice toasted multi grain bread
- 1 bowl Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber shake
- Any fruit upto a max of around 300g
Cucumber Salad & Shake
- 400g-500g cucumber
- 200ml Yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- Onions (sliced)
Read here for more salad recipes to mix it up in your own way just the way you’d like.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 apple
- Spinach – one medium sized bowl
Recommended method is to prepare the shake the night before and throwing it in the fridge to cool overnight. Efficient if consuming as breakfast on the go.
Let us know if you’ve tried the diet and if you’ve achieved the expected results.