Green tea is one of the healthiest drinks in the world. It’s gaining popularity in India due to its immense health benefits. Green tea does not go through fermentation. That’s why retains its original colour.
Why people drink green tea?
Green tea is full of healthy ingredients. Here are a few benefits of green tea.
- Green tea is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins. They are powerful antioxidants. They reduce the formation free radicals in our body and protect cell damage. These would delay the ageing process.
- Regular consumption of green tea helps to flush out harmful toxins from our body.
- The key ingredient of green tea is caffeine which acts as a stimulant. This boosts brain functions.
- Green tea also contains amino acids. They reduce the harmful effects of caffeine.
- Researchers have found that green tea is helpful in Cancer. Green tea helps to protect cells from DNA damage.
- Green tea reduces the level of blood sugar and bad cholesterol.
- Green tea also contains epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). This component stimulates hair cells and promotes hair growth.
- Daily intake of green tea helps to weight loss.
Factors to decide the quality of green tea
There are mainly four factors by which the quality of green tea is measured.
- Appearance: Thinner and denser leaves make a premium quality green tea. Unbroken tea leaves are preferable.
- Colour: The deeper the colour of green tea, the higher the quality of green tea. Dark coloured leaves make premium quality green tea.
- Fragrance: Smell is another deciding factor. A good quality green tea has a light and soothing smell.
- Taste: Good quality green tea has a bitter taste. Premium quality green tea gives a refreshing impression.
Keep these factors in mind. Always try to buy fresh leaves and avoid old leaves. Keep tea leaves in airtight containers to preserve the original quality of green tea.
Top Best green tea in India with price
List of famous best green tea brand and green tea price in India.
Lipton is a popular brand available in India. This brand contains no additives. This tea brand has good taste and flavour, unlike other brands. One sip at a time keeps you hydrated for all day long.
Price: INR 97
2. Tetley Green Tea
Tetley is one of the best-selling tea brands in India. This tea brand has a stale smell.
Price: INR 60
One of the best herbal brands in India. It has a refreshing effect.
Price: INR 160
This tea is infused with tulsi and pomegranate. It has a fruity aroma.
Price: INR 57
It is made from 100 % natural ingredients. It has a fresh aroma. It is available in grocery stores.
Price: INR 270
Taj Mahal (Brooke Bond)
Taj Mahal is an age-old trusted brand in India. It also offers green tea. Its green tea tastes like black tea. You can add milk and drink.
Price: INR 181
It’s almost flavourless. A pack contains several tea bags. This brand is available online.
Price: INR 149
It’s a luxury brand. The Pure Ceylon teas are imported from Sri Lanka. A cup of this tea can make you rejuvenated.
Price: INR 599
Purely an organic brand. It’s mainly Darjeeling tea. It has perfect light green colour.
Price: INR 350
This is also an organic brand. Here green teas are packed in heat-sealed metallized envelopes. Lemon+Ginger flavour is quite popular. It has a light earthy mellow aroma.
Price: INR 240
Start drinking green tea from today and enjoy its multiple health benefits.