Tulsi, also known as Holy Basil, has an antibacterial, antifungal properties which help in purifying the blood and keep skin and hair healthy and glowing. The holy basil is packed with antioxidants as well as immune-enhancing qualities, the phytochemicals present in Tulsi protect the body from damages caused by free radicals thus, delaying the ageing process. Let’s have a look on other benefits of Tulsi seeds.
Tulsi helps in increasing the metabolism which aids in weight loss when coupled with increased physical activity & a healthy diet. It also increases sensitivity to insulin, lowering one’s blood sugar & treating diabetes.
Many Benefits of Tulsi Seeds:
Here are some benefits of this wonder plant
1. Tulsi, left boiled in water, along with Cardamom is said to bring down fever.
2. Tulsi is a germicide and disinfectant and is said to protect human body from all types of infections.
3. Tulsi with Honey and Ginger is an effective remedy against Bronchitis, Asthma, Influenza and Cold.
4. When eaten on an empty stomach, it is said to remove kidney stones.
5. It also reduces blood cholesterol levels. Tulsi contains Vitamin C and other anti-oxidants such as Eugenol which protects the heart from harmful effects of free radicals.
6. Warm tulsi juice gets rid of stomach worms.
7. Tulsi fights with bad breath, pyorrhoea and cavities and other dental problems.
8. Tulsi was traditionally used as a cure for night blindness.
9. Tulsi scavenge free radicals in the body, so a large group of researchers believe that it has the potential to fight cancer.