Vitamin B is the water soluble vitamins which plays a very important role in cell-metabolism and to build energy in human body. Vitamin B are eight in number and look very similar to each one of them but they have different properties and their benefits in human body are not similar. Benefits of Vitamin B is immense as it lubricates our body for proper functioning throughout the day. The nutrients present in vitamin B helps to convert food into fuel. Vitamin B benefits the body with lot of energy. The overall benefits of Vitamin B are to maintain healthy skin, hair, and to maintain the sharpness of memory and production of RBC.
Benefits of Vitamin B
The benefits of vitamin B are derived from eight vitamins B are B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12.
- Vitamin B1 or just B – Thiamine: Helps the body to build new cells. This vitamin has the capacity to build the immune system by acting as anti-stress vitamin.
- Vitamins B2 or Riboflavin: It is anti-oxidants and has the capacity to fight free radicals. It helps in production of RBC and helps in migraine. Ultra-violet rays reduce the level of Vitamin B2.
- Vitamin B3 or Niacin: It helps in increasing the good cholesterol which will help in reducing the bad cholesterol of the body. It helps to reduce skin acne.
- Vitamin B5 or Pantothenic Acid: The vitamin helps in breaking down the fats and carbs for body energy and this helps in sexual capacity and releases stress to a great extent. The vitamin helps reducing skin ageing, redness and skin spots.
- Vitamins B6 or Pyridoxine: It helps in heart disease. It acts as a mood and sleep regulator because it helps the body to produce melatonin and serotonin and a stress hormone. It helps in regulating the inflammation.
- B7 or Biotin: It helps is controlling glucose in blood and is good for diabetes patient. This is good for normal baby.
- B9 or Folate: It helps to kill depression, prevents memory loss. It is important for pregnant woman and it is also good for the growth of baby.
- B12 or Cobalamin: Benefit of Vitamin B12 is immense as it helps to produce RBC and help in iron building.
Benefits of Vitamin B derived from food items
Benefits of vitamin B are received from the different food items. All the eight types of vitamin B are sources from different food items. It might so happen that that two or more type of vitamin B are available in same food.
- Vitamin B1 – The source of this vitamin B is spinach, kale, beans, whole grains, wheat germ and other food grains.
- Vitamin B2 – Found in almond, yogurt, rice, milk, spinach, soybeans.
- Vitamin B3: Found in yeast, eggs, milk, meat, green veggies and beans.
- Vitamin B5: Found in food like yogurt, meat, eggs, avocados and legumes.
- Vitamins B6: Found in lentils, sunflower seeds, chicken, turkey, brown rice, salmon, lentils and carrots.
- Vitamin B7: Found in food like chicken, pork, fish, yeast, barley, liver, nuts, egg yolks and many more.
- Vitamin B9: Found in asparagus, Dark leafy greens, , salmon, beets, , milk, bulgur wheat .
- Vitamin B12: Found in food like beef, pork, shellfish, fish and dairy products.
Deficiency of Vitamin B
Different Vitamin B has different function because they are derived from different food items. In the same manner the deficiency of Vitamin B in human body varies if the diet is not balanced. Vitamin B is a consolidation of all essential nutrients required by the body and it is to be sourced from different and essential food only. For example B 12 is found in ample quantity in meat and dairy products. B7 and B9 is found in food like fruits and veggies. Doctors prescribe different vitamin B for different health hazards. Benefits of Vitamin B are different in case of pregnant women and old people requires very specific type of vitamin B. Not all vitamin B is suitable for them.
Deficiency of Vitamin B leads to fatigue, confusion, anemia or bad immune system. Deficiency of vitamin B leads to Beriberi, a disease caused due to inflammation of nerves, heart and digestive system.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B12– Leads to anemia and confusion. It leads to some psychological dysfunction such as paranoia, dementia, other behavioral changes and even depression.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B6– leads to anemia, skin disorders such as cracks and rashes on skin. It also leads to depression, nausea, confusion.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B1 and B2: Less amount of Vitamin B1 and B2 deficiency leads to severe confusion and cracks around the mouth
- Deficiency of Vitamin B3: Less of Vitamin B3 leads to indigestion, nausea and even cracks in different parts of the body.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B9: Very good for pregnant lady and lowers the risk during delivery of a baby due to the presence of folate. Deficiency leads to anemia, diarrhea. It has folate in it so it is important for pregnant women.
Vitamin B supplement
Vitamin B complex is one of the best and very common vitamin B supplement usually prescribes by the doctors. Vitamin B complex has all eight vitamin B which is necessary for proper functioning of the body. It helps as anti-stress remedy, helps in immune system and it helps to breakdown the carbohydrate.