From salad dressing to a tantalizing piquancy when sprinkled over honey chilli potatoes, all of us are well aware of the everyday use of lemons. But do you know benefits of lemon juice in daily diet?
Here we elucidate the top 10 reasons why lemon juice is good for you:
1. Lemon juice helps in weight loss. Beyond the traditional way of exercising and dieting, drinking lemon juice is possibly the only other way to lose those extra pounds.
2. Making your immune system stronger, it keeps many infections away from you, particularly that nasty sore throat that makes your life so hard.
3. Drinking lemon juice in the morning helps stimulate your digestive system.
4. It helps prevent kidney stones by raising citrate levels in the urine and by flushing out toxins from your body.
5. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory qualities, you can get relief from itchy insect bites by rubbing lemon juice on the wound.
6. If you’re suffering from fever, drinking lemon juice helps bring your fever down and gives you a temporary relief.
7. Given that lemons are a surprisingly good source of alkaline food, they also help bring down your body’s pH level.
8. They are the perfect food item if you want to keep yourself loaded with Vitamin C. Even one lemon is enough to provide you with more than 100 percent of your daily vitamin C requirement.
9. Studies have confirmed that those who drink lemon juice daily are successful in protecting their cells from any unwanted damage, which further inhibits the formation of cancer cells.
10. They also prevent the problem of constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth stomach functions.
So now that you’re well aware how beneficial they are, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade! 😛
#Stay Happy, Stay Fitso