As everyone knows that Alia Bhatt wanted to be an actress since the time she was four. She auditioned for the Karan Johar’s film Student of the Year and Karan put a condition on her that if she wants to be in a lead role, she has to lose at least 20 kg weight. Alia used to be a chubby girl from her childhood and she was 68 kg in her teenage. With the respect to her height, she was overweight. Her weight was the biggest hurdle before she was signed up for this movie. She made it certain to get the movie and took the weight loss thing as a challenge. Alia lost about 20 kg of weight in six months.
Alia Bhatt Bio:
Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs)
Height: 5’3″ (160 cm)
Age: 24 (DOB – 15/03/1993)
Alia Bhatt Weight Loss Diet Plan
Alia defied her temptations and eliminated all the junk and unhealthy foods from her diet regime. She reserved one day in a week to pacify her appetite for her craved foods. She followed a stern combination of low-calorie diet and workout routine to get in the shape of a young and hot girl Shanaya Singhania as her lead role in the movie.
Here are some changes Alia made to her diet in order to lose the excess pounds.
- Breakfast: She used to start her day with a fresh glass of vegetable juice or a bowl of Poha or an Egg white or Vegetable Sandwich followed by a cup of herbal tea/coffee without sugar.
- Mid- morning snack: A fruit or idli with sambhar.
- Lunch: 1 chapati without butter, a cup of Indian Dal Soup, lots of Vegetables and Curd. On alternative days, she replaces the vegetarian meal plan with Quinoa and Chicken.
- Evening snack: Fruit or idli with sambhar and sugar-free coffee or tea.
- Dinner: Almost similar to lunch. 1 chapati without butter or a bowl of rice along with Dal, and vegetables. In addition to this menu, she also eats 1 grilled chicken breast (for extra protein).
- Mid- night snack: She drinks a glass of milk and makes sure she takes the last meal of the day 2 hours before going to sleep.
Alia Bhatt Weight Loss Workout Routine:
She had a regular routine and hit the gym 3-4 times a week. She does the cardio workout training that includes running, cycling, swimming, dancing and kickboxing. She also practices yoga to make her body flexible enough suitable to her profession. She particularly does ashtanga yoga twice a week. She also loves dancing, particularly ballet and Kathak.
She also does the following exercises:
- Dumbbell raises
- Lateral pull-down
- Bicep curls
- Triceps push down
- Back extensions
She does 15-20 repetitions and three sets of each of the exercises.
Health Tips from Alia Bhatt Weight Loss Routine:
- Cut out on soft drinks, sugar and white rice.
- Eat a balanced diet with a combination of proteins (50%), carbs (30%) and fats (20%).
- Healthy carbs and fat are a must for optimal health and hence you should not avoid them.
- Include in your diet, a lot amount of vegetables.
- Keep small goals and give yourself a treat with your favorite food (desserts, cheese pizza etc… in moderation) when you achieve them. This motivates you to continue your journey.
- Exercise is an important part so do not ditch on the gym and working out.
- Finally, drink lots of water every day. The more water you drink, the more toxins will be flushed out from your body, making you lose that water weight along. Try to aim for at least 3 to 4 liters per day.