If often makes you feel awkward when you are capable of doing a task, but you are unable to do it. Some need a good push to achieve a goal while some require a moral voice, while some take the help of some good inspirational quotes and success path of some great legends in the field. Here we bring you 10 motivational swimming quotes that can be applied in real life too. These quotes are also followed by successful people to bring a cherishing success on their way.
- “In training everyone focuses on 90% physical and 10% mental, but in the races it’s 90% mental because there’s very little that separates us physically at the elite level.” – Elka Graham
Elka Graham, an Australian Olympian spoke the above quote while in a success meet. The above quote symbolizes the importance of mental presence while in a competition. It is quite obvious that a competitor needs have a clear picture about the scenario and the position they are standing at a specific point. When in training there is no strict competitor and this is the place where one has to stress more on the physical talent and when you are in a race all the participants are well-trained like you and hence you would have published your presence by mentally analyzing the other competitors.
Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elka_Graham
2.”I enjoyed every bit of my swimming career. I think that’s the most important advice — to enjoy what you do“– Summer Sanders
One of the most important swimming quotes that everyone can resonate with, is by Summer Sander. She is a former American swimmer, who appeared in the 1992 Olympics. When a person is associated with more than one career, he/she might not be 100% genuine in doing both the works. Only a single type of work can be accomplished with ample care and utmost effort. Summer Sanders is also associated with Television reporting, but she tells that she enjoyed her swimming career more than her television career. And so she could achieve more appreciation in swimming rather Television.
Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Sanders
- “I concentrate on preparing to swim my race and let the other swimmers think about me, not me about them.” – Amanda Beard
Amanda Beard a world record holder shares her experience in a single line quote stated as above. Generally when a person prepares himself/herself to lead in a competition, a general tendency is to have an overview of the other competitors training and hard work-effort. But as Amanda says when one prepares them to be competitive, they should never expose their inner feelings to the competitors rather they have to explore the opponent’s expression and analyze the effort to tackle them. This can even work well in the day to day life excluding the Swimming arena. One of the most profound Swimming quotes gives the athletes a new direction to win the race.
Read more about her: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Beard
- “Success isn’t final, failure isn’t fatal, it’s courage that counts.” – Alicia Coutts
Alicia Coutts is a swimmer who represented Australia in the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. Don’t rest on success, it can bring you down. There is no defeat so great that you should just lay down and give up as, long as you are living and breathing. Courage is getting up after failure and continuing to live, act, defend, and fight for yourself, your family and your country.
Read more about her: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Coutts
- “The water doesn’t know your age.” – Dara Torres
Dara Torres is a remarkable American swimmer who owns 12 Olympic medals in her name. One of her simple swimming quotes was delivered on a success occasion which makes it quite straight that water is no big deal to be scared about and when in a competition.One cannot lose the pace and techniques of swimming even when they grow older.
Read more about her: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dara_Torres
- “There is water in every lane, so it is OK.” – Ian Thorpe (on being in Lane 5 for a final).
Ian Thorpe, a three-time gold medalist in Olympics, gave this tremendous quote on swimming when he received a Gold medal.
Even when you are in the last lane you are in water and when you are in the first lane, you are in the water. There is no big difference in the path you go as the entire surrounding is water. Your strength and the presence of mind is what matters and that will take you to the victory terminal.
Read more about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Thorpe
- “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get“. – Michael Phelps
Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian of all time said this was one of his personal favorite swimming quotes. When you are unbound to reach a certain distance, there is no such true dream you can dream but when you have an aim and limit to reach then dream is the key element which keeps you going. The more you try to put limit the more distance you reach.
Read more about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Phelps
- “If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you” – Bruce Lee
Apart from all the above, here comes one of the most revered swimming quotes of all time. In any instance of life, if you are at a stage of learning then instead of wasting any time, just get into its action. In the water, you can float and learn to escape from danger and on land there is no option to receive help from anybody. If you’re looking for an outcome or a result, simply let your actions speak rather than procrastinating.
Read more about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee
- “My preference is swimming in the sea. I find the sea is more liberating, wild and good fun rather than plodding up and down a pool“– Jo Brand
Everyone tries to be outstanding in their field and everyone wants to try a unique path in their way to success. When a person is closed in a set of the boundary, he/she might not know the force to tackle the obstacle. There are very minimal chances of definite hard work. In swimming, when a person swims in sea he/she might find many tragic stories on the way and he/she would be more cautious than the person who trained in the pool. The violent tides of the sea makes it even more risky and adventurous to dive compared to a pool.
10.”No man drowns if he perseveres in praying to God, and can swim.” – Russian Proverb
- Almost all swimming quotes prove to be magical and can be used in every aspect of the life. This proverb gives a perfect swimming quote equation with equally believing in the regular day formality. When at risk try to defend yourself rather than expecting someone to take care of you.Swimming is a great sport that not only gives you a chance to exhibit your talent in competitions but also makes you save lives while in a water hazard. With great knowledge of swimming, one can save at least few families. Also when a swimmer is the key point of contact, then GOD could the same.