Enjoy the water of swimming pool in Delhi to get relief from the burning heat of summer. The whole country is under the scorching heat of the sun during summer, and Delhi is not far away from it. You will like to stay in water maximum time and rejuvenating your body cool and soothing water. Moreover, who wants to shred off fat and keep their body fit, can practice swimming on a regular basis.
Swimming is the only option to get relief and Delhi has many swimming pools that are existing in different places. Here are the top 10 swimming pools in Delhi where you can spend a leisure evening. Many of it provides swimming classes as well.
Dr. Shyama Prashad Mukherjee Swimming Pool Complex has the state of the art facilities. It has been built up to meet the international standards for aquatic events. This swimming pool in Delhi is owned by Sports Authority of India, thus, the best facilities are available here. All these swimming pools are having diving facilities in temperature control options and are serviceable round the year. Coaching classes are provided on request. However, you should have a hold over the basic knowledge of swimming to be qualified for the coaching classes.
- Address: Central Ridge Forest Area, Talkatora Road, Near Talkatora Garden, Behind Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Contact: 011 23094832
- Membership fee: 1,500 Rupees for kids below 16 age and 2,500 for 16 and above
- Timings: 9 AM to 11 AM and 7 PM to 9 PM; Open all days (except Monday)
“Syama Prasad Mookerjee swimming pool is very well maintained and its membership fee is quite less”- Amit Ranjan
“It is an ideal place for building swimmers, aiming for international arena”- Jagjit Singh
It is situated in the Asian Games Village Complex, Siri Fort, New Delhi. The pool has clean water, well maintained, Olympic sized. If you want to enjoy swimming in the Siri Fort swimming pool then you have to be a member of this place. You can get clean water for swimming. It’s also the hardest one to get enrolled into. A temporary membership of three months is required to gain access to all sports facilities.
- Address: DDA, 4th Floor, ‘B’ Block, Vikas Sadan, INA Market, New Delhi – 110023
- Price: Membership charges 1,600 for a month. Monthly swimming session costs 869 Rupees.
- Timings: 6.00 – 10.00 AM & 3.00 – 9.00 PM ( Closed from November to March )
- Contact: 011-26496657.
“Sri Fort stadium pool is an olympic size and the grounds and tennis courts are good. The whole areas is green and clean. There are swimming lessons during summer months”- Shaunak Bhardwaj
- DPS School, K block, Sec 12, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110022
- Price: Membership charges 1,800/month for students. Monthly swimming session costs 500 INR.
- Timings: 5.30 – 06.50 AM & 4.05 – 7.20 PM ( For summer holidays )
- Contact: 011-49115500.
“One of the excellent, well maintained pools in Delhi, Clean water, cleaner shower area, locker facilities. I recommend it”- Reedath M Sarasendran
“Place to be if interested in learning swimming in Delhi. It is a great pool with a neat and clean water”- Jotinder Khanna
The first advantage in Lifestyle and Gym, swimming pool is that it has many lanes for swimming which are reserved for the swimmers. These lanes are divided by level. If you are a regular goer of this pool, you will be used to turning lane direction and will know how to overtake. It is so huge that you cannot even notice your fellow swimmers in your lane. In this scorching heat, you can avail the coziness of the swimming pool in Delhi.
There are lifeguards and the water is having a pleasant temperature. This creates an ideal place for swimming for the rest of the year. It is by all means, the women, men or kids can swim here. Along with individual fees, Training group Fitso SEALs also conducts its classes here with extremely trained professional coaches and an enthusiastic group of people having the goal to become a professional swimmer from an amateur swimmer.
- Address: 251-A, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi – 110067
- Price: Membership charges 5000 INR for one month. If you are part of a group then it’s 10,000 INR for a month
- Timings: 6.00 – 10.00 AM & 4.00 – 9.30 PM
- Contact: 011-33107502, Fitso SEALs: 9599106602
“Lifestyle Swin N Gym has a nice location along with swimming pool, ample parking space, personal training, flexible membership options”- Avinash khare
“One of the best swimming pool in Delhi. Quite a large pool area as compared to other pools in the neighborho
od. Shower area is very well maintained . Coach and staff are soft-spoke n and helpful. Locker facility is available. I recommend it to all”- Sonia Narula
This Gulmohar Park Club swimming pool is one the best swimming pool. It is small, but quiet and clean and especially shallow at one end. It often remains empty but it is put up in and after school hours when the school children come to swim. It is open in the early morning and in the evening.
The non-members pay Rs. 175 to swim. This swimming pool in Delhi is closed from November to March. It is open to all means the women, men and particularly the kids and school children are the normal swimmers in this pool. You can get a good coach, who takes personal care of every individual. The price is reasonable also.
- Address: Near Kamla Nehru College, Block C, Gulmohar Park, New Delhi – 110049
- Price: There are monthly subscriptions for three months and six months. Three months costs 9500 INR and 6 months costs 13500 INR. Single month subscription is available at 4500 INR
- Timings: 6:00 – 11:00 am and 3:00 – 10:00 pm
- Contact: 011-26868139
“The location and staff of swimming pool is excellent. The Academy is idle for both ladies and gents. The staff is well educated and disciplined. Parking facilities are well maintained”- Krishan Yadav
“I had an amazing experience, coaching team is fabulous, I learned a lot from them and they have the cleanest pool I came across”- Gyan Deo Singh
Khazan Sing Swimming Academy is counted as a reputed swimming pool in south Delhi. It is located near Jawaharlal Nehru University. You can get at least four coaches and a couple of lifeguards here. This swimming pool in Delhi is well maintained. The men, women, and kids can enjoy swimming in this pool.
- Address: Kendriya Vidyalaya, J.N.U. Old Campus, Baba Ganganath Marg, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 110067
- Price: The price for the first month is 1300, and Rs. 700 for the subsequent months
- Timings: 5:00 – 08:00 am and 04:00 – 09:00 pm
- Contact: 011 – 2674 2747
“It’s a nice place for beginners and for learning swimming from scratch, helpful dedicated trainers and pool is always clean and it’s available to all at Rs 2000/month, that’s a plus”- Atir Bhatia
“Location of this swimming pool is excellent. Depths of this swimming pool is 5 ft, so it’s excellent for beginners, lifeguards are in good numbers and overall maintenance is satisfactory”- Rajneesh Gautam
This one is a spacious center with almost all sports equipment including a swimming pool. It must be the only center in Delhi with an Olympic size pool. It lets you splash around in top gear.
The swimming professionals from Fitso Seal would be giving away their valuable bit of advice to swimmers. They make use of all innovative technologies like underwater video analysis to bring out the best results.
- Address: Vasundhara Enclave, Dallupura,, New Delhi – 110096
- Price: Membership fee starts at Rupees 50 for a member and 150 per hour for non-member.
- Timings: 6:00 – 10:00 am and 03:00 – 09:00 pm.
- Contact: 011 – 2262 3184; Fitso SEALs: 9599106602
“The Beautiful sports complex in East Delhi catering to the needs of people belonging to all age groups. Minimal charges and well maintained. The swimming pool is very nice and has a depth of maximum 7 feet. Life guards and coaches are around so you can have that dip without bothering much”- Akhilesh sharma
“Good place for exercise and various sports. Particularly liked the swimming pool which is olympic size with good trainers”- Varun Singla
8. Friends Swimming Academy
It is situated in the heart of Delhi. They offer a big and vast pool for water lovers. The pool is really hygienic and provides a perfect platform to master the skills of swimming. It’s closed on Thursdays every week.
- Address: Sriniwas Puri, New Friends Colony, New Delhi- 110065
- Price: The membership fee starts at 12,000 INR per month.
- Timings: 6:00 am – 11:30 pm.
- Contact: +919810390343.
“Great pool for beginners and pro swimmers too and they have efficient coaches”- Arjun Verma
The complex has a serene ambiance to it. The pool is quite large and accommodates quite a handful of people at a time.
- Address: DDA, Jasola Vihar, Jasola, New Delhi – 110025.
- Price: The membership fee starts at 4,500 INR.
- Timings: 6:30 am – 8:30 pm.
- Contact: 011 – 2697 1301
“This club is huge, offers services at cheap prices. It’s well equipped with all the facilities in a sports club one can think of”- Udit Gupta
“For all fitness lovers, this is the place in your neighbourhood. The membership fee is quite reasonable, almost all indoor / outdoor games are there. One can take membership for the entire family, spend one-two ours daily and stay fit”- Paresh Kumar
It is situated near the LSR college in Lajpat Nagar. It has a big and huge eight lane pool.
- Address: National Park, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi – 110048.
- Price: Membership fee starts at INR 3,000 for a month. Avail personal training at INR 1,500.
- Timings: 5:00 am – 10:00 pm.
- Contact: +91-92117 83333
“It was a wonderful experience going there. Swimming coach was also very nice! Best for swimming”- Hareem Fatima
“Amazing place well maintained nice pool and hygiene is also maintained, Underground parking is there and trainers are also provided in the gym as well as in swimming pool”- Sutapa Roy